Philanthropy and Stewardship Committee
The Hamilton Conference Philanthropy and Stewardship Committee has members committed to living a life of stewardship and who have a passion for sharing the work of the M&S Fund. The committee’s mandate is:
- To encourage philanthropy (with its root meaning of “humanity loving”)
- To review, promote and support Mission and Service in the six Presbyteries and Presbyterials of the Conference
- To support revenue generation and legacy giving throughout the Conference
Contact: Ed Laksmanis
A how-to guide to help tell the story of your congregation’s ministry and programming. Have fun developing and telling your narrative with these suggestions and templates to help you integrate into one portrait where your dollars are spent, who the people are whom you serve, and how your mission is being lived out: See Resource.
Stewardship resources developed for and by congregational and community leaders of The United Church of Canada and other denominations: http://www.stewardshiptoolkit.ca/
Called to Be the Church – Congregational Giving Kit Program Guide
This resource will arrive in your congregation in the first week of July, and is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ONYpGPGJTfZ3ctSUJEQy0xLUk/view. The Resource Kit will come in the first week of September. Everything will also be on the Stewardship Toolkit.
United Church Mission and Service Fund
2016 Mission & Service Total:
We are tremendously grateful to the generosity of donors to the Mission and Service of The United Church of Canada! Below are links to resources that summarize M & S Giving in 2016:
- Mission Service Giving in 2016 review – words to tell the story of 2016
- Mission Service Giving in 2016 charts – graphs and numbers for those who like that sort of thing.
- Mission Service Giving in 2016 bulletin – a bulletin insert with pictures, words and numbers! Print 2 copies and photocopy double sided (short edge) and cut to make 2 inserts/sheet.
Please continue to learn about and share the communities and ministries supported by The United Church of Canada Mission and Service for the healing of God’s world. The resources in the Stewardship Toolkit is a good place to start: http://www.stewardshiptoolkit.ca/
For more information about the Mission and Service fund please contact Kim Uyede-Kai (905) 659-3343, ext. 229 or email@example.com.